Thursday, January 22, 2015

Embrace the Life


I happened to see this quote on Pinterest today. It was in the Season I of one of my favorite episodes -- Grey's Anatomy. 

Somehow at some point, I do feel like life is a mess. Troubles just keep coming to you no matter how hard you try to avoid them. There is always something that you want the most and you cannot get. There may be someone you fall for and you cannot be with. There are some wishes that can never come true no matter how hard you try. 

But just as Dr. Grey said, life is messy - that's how we are made. Instead of trying to avoid problems, why don't we focus our energy on resolving problems. Instead of constantly getting disappointed by someone or something, why don't we carefully listen to what our hearts say and figure out what we really want. Instead of crying for what we don't have, why don't we just simply accept it. 

All I'm learning now is to embrace whatever life throws to me and make the most of it. And sometimes, because there is a lot going on out there, I do need some personal time to digest and think about what I truly want. 

There is one line behind the above in the same episode which says - if you are willing to take a chance, the view from the other side is spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment