Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ballerina in drawing


When I was a kid, I was obsessed with the ballerina. They looked so beautiful in the tutu. Unfortunately, however, I never got to be sent to any ballet school by my parents. 

After I finished school and started working, I finally got some personal time that I could use to do whatever I would like to do. One of the first few things I thought of was to learn ballet dance. Then I was taking a few classes at the Joffrey Ballet School in Greenwich Village. The classes were fun although they were very challenging to the absolute beginner like me. 

In addition to the ballet classes, I have been to see a lot of ballet shows performed in the Lincoln Center. Among those are The Nutcraker, Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, and some less famous but great ones. 

Ballet to me is always the most elegant dance in the world. 

I was practicing my drawing on the other night and was just spontaneous to draw a ballerina from her back. 

It was the Martin Luther King holiday today. Going back to work tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday! And have a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment