Sunday, April 26, 2015

Florida Trip - Day 2: Miami


South Beach, Miami


Since we stayed the South Beach, there were beautiful beaches right outside our hotel.

I woke up at 8 o'clock in the morning while the rest of the city, including my girl friends, were still sleeping (and probably recovering from hangover.) It was a great day in Florida. So I swam in the hotel pools for approximately half an hour. While the pool assistant handed a towel to me, I asked him about the direction to the beach. I knew the beach should not be too far away, but, to my surprise, the assistant told me that I would be right on the beach when I just got out of the hotel via its back door!

They say early bird eats the worm.
I say early girl gets the whole pool! :)
While the whole hotel were still dreaming in their beds, I was having a great time swimming by myself. What a spoil!

 
 
What a nice view on the beach:

 



I was doing selfie and giving myself a sunbathing.























Around 10am, my girls finally woke up and found me on the beach. As we walked out the beach to
the street, the beach was still quiet and looked peaceful.  
 



Right outside the beach, there are a lot of interesting architectures in the South Beach bay area.



After we took a shower and got ready for the second half day in Miami, we took a taxi (the fare was around $20) to the Bayside marketplace, which was recommended by the receptionist on the other day when we arrived.

Take a look at the beautiful skyline:



The Bayside Marketplace is really a busy place and it definitely attracts thousands of tourists from all over the world every day. You can walk around in the market to find your favorite souvenirs; or you can take a boat trip on the water to enjoy the skyline in more detail; you can pick a restaurant or bar in the water front to feed your stomach while looking around what is going on in this amazing place; or you can visit the galleries and buy a masterpiece of art. The only thing you won't do here - you won't get bored! ;)

Here are some of the pictures we took in Bayside Marketplace:

 


 
The place we picked to feed ourselves was called Tradewinds Bar and Grill, a waterfront seafood restaurant. They had a lot of interesting dishes in the menu. And after "careful consideration" and "fierce discussion", we decided what we ordered. And the Crab Pot is highly recommended.
 

After the wonderful lunch we had, we took a bus (the fare was $2.25 per person) back to the National Hotel and took our luggage and backpacks back. Then we were on our way to Key West!

The departing time of the Greyhound bus to Key West was 5:45PM. We spent approximately 4 hours on the road and it was almost 10PM when we reached Key West.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment