Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Florida Trip - Day 2: Key West

Day 3 - I woke up in Key West. :)

Same as the second day, I woke up with the excitement of swimming.
We stayed in the Key West Marriot Beachside Hotel and they had nice pool filled with sea water (well, I knew that because the water in the pool tasted salty...) And as you can see in the picture below, right beyond the pool in the view came the sea. The view is  gorgeous, isn't it?


 

After the morning exercise, we took the hotel shuttle bus to downtown Key West, where all the fun things take place.

Right after we reached downtown, we went straight to a restaurant for the energy spent in swimming. We to a waterfront seafood restaurant called Conch Republic Seafood Company. The food over there  was fine but it was not in my recommendation list. And right outside the restaurant, we saw fish that just got caught from of sea.



I am not sure if you know this already. Key West is where the writer Ernest Hemingway wrote his great work Old Man and The Sea and where he spent the rest of his life in. The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum is right in downtown Key West, which attracts hundreds of fans of Hemingway or literature lovers visit. However, I passed without visiting the museum this time. Even though I do reading every day, literature is not my favor type of books at this point. I did not visit a museum of literature, but I appreciated all the marvelous work the best writers have contributed to our society.




While I was exploring downtown Key West...

Ride a book  on the Duval St in Key West

Huge cookies


Cock - A symbol of Key West
A toy shop

Interesting wooden architecture
A huge sculpture in front of a cultural museum
Live music performance you can find anywhere in downtown


 
An open restaurant bar along on the ocean
Triple scoops ice cream
A street show

Key West Aquarium
 




Bake grouper with Dijon mustard sauce 

Raw oysters
Caesar salad with snapper 
At night, we chose a hidden restaurant right on the main street Duval Street, which was called smokin' tuna saloon. The food was good and the price was affordable.



No comments:

Post a Comment